Warning: Illegal string offset 'source_type' in /home/mychutej/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/egany-facebook-to-wp/egany_facebook_to_wordpress.php on line 1099
Strengthening One Health Through Field Epidemiology Training
Since its inception in 2016, the Annual Scientific Conference is a national platform for public health experts to engage strategically on public health issues.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELTP) are hosting the Second Annual Scientific Conference with key stakeholders to drive a One Health agenda for public health.
The One Health concept is a worldwide strategy for expanding interdisciplinary collaborations and communications in all aspects of health care for humans, animals and the environment.
Field epidemiologists and laboratory scientists across Nigeria and beyond meet at this three-day strategic conference to share scientific work with the larger public health audience.
Over 200 abstracts have been submitted, with 54 to be presented as oral presentations and 80 as poster presentations.
The conference serves as a training opportunity for Field Epidemiology residents and graduates as well as all other colleagues working in intervention epidemiology on scientific communication.
The Nigeria Field Epidemiology Training Program (NFELTP) is one of the 16 AFENET member programs. Established in October 2008, the NFELTP is a two year in-service training program in applied epidemiology, veterinary epidemiology and public health laboratory epidemiology and management.
Keynote speakers at the event include:
- Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu the National Coordinator and Chief Executive Officer of the NCDC,
- Dr. Kariuki Njenga, Country Director of the Washington State University Global Health Programme in Kenya
- Dr. Ebere Okereke, a global health consultant from Public Health England
- Professor Oladipo Aboderin of the Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Dr. Akindele Olupelumi Adebiyi of the College of Medicine, University of Ibadan.
Join the conversation on Social Media with